Contents Page for Linda's Slideshow
- Carrying bags from the airfield to the station. The dome houses computer facilities, laboratories, and the cafeteria. Dorms are located outside of the dome.
- Tunnel into the dome.
- Dorms for South Pole visitors. Restroom facilities are located away from the dorms!
- Extreme temperatures mean that trucks and other equipment must be given a bit of a jump-start.
- Working on equipment in the lab.
- Greenhouse at Amundsen-Scott Station.
- Martin A. Pomerantz Observatory, the astronomy research facility.
- Telescope. The South Pole is unique for its offerings to the field of astronomy. A cleaner, thinner atmosphere, with little in the way of pollution (light or otherwise), means unparalled opportunities for investigating space.
Linda's Page /