TEA Banner
TEA Navbar

20 March, 2002

The trip is finally ready to begin. Gear, food, scientific equipment have been aired over to Nome. Everything is ready and waiting for our arrival. Months of planning and organizing by everyone is finally ready to be paid off but wait…….. Flight is cancelled. Our airplane that we were scheduled to take from Fairbanks to Nome has been cancelled for the day. The reasons are not exactly known. There were talks of airplane mechanical problems, lack of planes, etc., etc.

So, the day was spent in relaxation. Plans were double checked, equipment was finalized and we waited. We are scheduled for an early flight from Fairbanks at 6 am. That means an early wake up call of 3:30 am.

A mixture of excitement, nervousness, and longing fill my head...The Arctic trip is sure to begin soon.

Contact the TEA in the field at .
If you cannot connect through your browser, copy the TEA's e-mail address in the "To:" line of your favorite e-mail package.