22 October, 1997

22 October 97

Today was a busy day yet rather unremarkable. A helicopter trip to Minna Bluff was planned but unfortunately had to be canceled due to bad weather. Dr. Adam Marsh and Dr. Mary Sewell were going to survey the area for a potential dive site, but that will have to wait.

The sea urchins collected from Cape Evans on the last dive were spawned so that the developmental studies can get underway. Tube feet samples were collected and the respiration rates determined. I will the do the protein assay on them tomorrow.

I spent most of the day trying to get caught up on things which had been building up. There never seems to be enough time here to catch up, in spite of the fact that work days usually run from early in the morning until 11:00 PM, or later. Antarctica is a workaholic's paradise.

Contact the TEA in the field at .
If you cannot connect through your browser, copy the TEA's e-mail address in the "To:" line of your favorite e-mail package.