4 October, 1996
We received a call at 2:00 A.M. from ASA informing us that conditions were not favorable for landing at McMurdo and there was a twenty four-hour delay in our flight. We may get to see a lot of New Zealand before making it to Antarctica. This is a concern for the scientists because each day here is a day when research is not getting done. Iíve been told that this type of delay is not uncommon, and to compensate for the lost time, our departure date from the ice is left vague.
I have a minor problem. My personal clothing, except what I'm wearing is in the cargo hold of the transport plane. I hope the weather improves before too long.
Contact the TEA in the field at .
If you cannot connect through your browser, copy the TEA's e-mail address in the "To:" line of your favorite e-mail package.